Do you own or operate a commercial or industrial building? Are you interested in lowering your overall costs while reducing energy and water use?
Participate in the inaugural Battle of the Buildings competition, a statewide, commercial building energy-saving program that takes place over the course of three months (September through November).
To participate in the 2016 Nevada Battle of the Buildings, please complete this survey.
The competition, hosted by USGBC Nevada, is the first of its kind in Nevada. Commercial and industrial buildings will compete with each other in two specific categories:
- Energy: Greatest percent reduction in total energy use
- Water: Greatest percent reduction in total water use
Sponsorship opportunities are available! View our sponsorship package for more information.
For more information about the competition, please contact:
- Matthew Weinman, Chair of the Battle of the Buildings competition, at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Shawn Kish, President of USGBC Nevada at email@example.com
We will facilitate you through the entire four-step process:
- Calculate your energy and water use, and compare that to similar building types.
- Identify specific energy and water saving opportunities.
- Implement these various improvements.
- Measure and verify the results of your efforts.
The competition will compare the energy and water consumed in 2015 to the energy and water used over the same period in 2016. The “Biggest Losers”, those who reduce use by the greatest percent, in each building category will be recognized during our awards ceremony in April 2017.
Who can participate?
- Entertainment (Hospitality)
- Educational (K-12 & Higher Ed)