Join USGBC Northern California at Integral Group’s Oakland offices as we gather to learn about the SunShares program, the future of residential energy, and certified solar energy choices in California.
SunShares is a limited-time group procurement program for residential solar installations and zero-emission vehicles designed to reduce the confusion of “going solar,” or apprehension of making the process simple and affordable by:
- Pooling the buying power of homeowners/vehicle buyers
- Providing vetted contractors
- Offering free, third party technical advice that helps inform customer decision-making
Christina Armor, SunShares Manager at the Business Council on Climate Change, will go over the program background, structure, and how solar works. She also will talk about the program discount being offered by the selected contractors, how to sign up and leave plenty of time for Q&A.
The Solar Providers (PetersenDean, SkyTech Solar and SunRun) will be on hand to discuss their products and answer any questions.
David Kaneda, Managing Principal at Integral Group, will be speaking about innovations in distributed energy systems.
Todd Jones, Senior Manager, Policy and Climate Change Programs at the Center for Resource Solutions, will discuss how using certified solar energy to power buildings is good for the environment and helps California government, businesses and residents reach carbon emissions reduction goals.
- Green-e certified solar options in CA: How to choose
- Solar programs in the Bay area, including community solar options
- Certified carbon offset programs for buildings
- Understanding the use of Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) in LEED v4
- Avoiding double claims and the importance making factual public statements regarding your renewable energy use
- 3:30-3:40 p.m. — Networking and arrival – David Kaneda or another lead at Integral
- 3:40-3:50 p.m. — Welcome address from Integral
- 3:50-4:10 p.m. — SunShares program – Christina Armor, BC3
- 4:10-4:20 p.m. — Q&A with SunShares solar providers - PetersenDean, SkyTech Solar and SunRun
- 4:20-4:40 p.m. — Innovations in residential energy solutions - David Kaneda, Integral
- 4:40-5 p.m. — Benefits of certified solar energy - Todd Jones, Center for Resource Solutions
- 5-5:30 p.m. — Networking reception
This event is approved by GBCI for 3 CE Hour(s). For your self-reporting, it has course approval number 0920010593.