Denver recently passed a new ordinance requiring that owners of commercial and multifamily buildings over 25,000 square feet to benchmark and report their energy performance using EPA's ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager Tool.
Several trainings will be offered to help support property managers and building owners who need to comply with the ordinance. These trainings will provide an opportunity to learn more about:
- the ordinance and why it was passed;
- learn how to benchmark using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager;
- learn how to connect a building's Portfolio Manager and Xcel Energy accounts to get accurate monthly energy bill data in Portfolio Manager; and
- learn how to submit a benchmarking report to the city.
- 12 p.m. — Light lunch and coffee
- 12:15 p.m. — Introductions and Overview of the Energy Benchmarking Ordinance
- 12:30 p.m. — ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager: How to Benchmark a building
- 1:45 p.m. — Xcel Energy: How to automatically upload monthly energy bill data to Portfolio Manager
- 2:15 p.m. — Report to the City: How to submit your annual report to the City to comply
- 2:30 p.m. — Q&A