Lack of budget is the number one reason energy efficiency projects don’t get approved. Join USGBC Nevada as we answer the question “What Are The Main Ways To Finance an Energy Efficiency Project?”
Energy efficiency projects require upfront investments, which many business owners have not budgeted. As a result, many projects don’t move forward due to lack of available capital, despite often impressive ROIs and short payback periods. Using credit to finance equipment purchases is standard practice for business owners, but it is not commonplace with energy efficiency equipment (like lighting) investment proposals because most resellers are not familiar enough to offer it.
Benefits of offering financing for energy efficiency projects
- Financing energy efficiency projects will shorten your sales cycle—sell the net profit and savings generated by the equipment (ROI)
- You’ll have more control of the LED Lighting sale when it’s financed
- Financing energy efficiency projects offers convenience to your customers—customers perceive it to be a value-add that you have a finance program.
- Use financing to “trial close,” it may help uncover hidden customer objections to an LED lighting project
- Financing helps overcome sticker shock of the price of an LED lighting project
- Increase Margins – Earn up to an additional 5 percent on each transaction of an LED lighting project
Thank you to our sponsor, SmartWatt Energy, Inc.!
Additional sponsorships are available online. Questions? Contact us at 702-952-2468.