Join us for USGBC Triad Branch's annual signature event at the LEED Gold Wake Forest Biotech Center for dinner, networking and an expert panel as we explore the future of the green building industry in North Carolina.
USGBC North Carolina has developed an ambitious vision of our future. By the year 2024, the state of North Carolina will:
- Build Green – 75 percent of all new buildings and 35 percent of all existing NC buildings will be LEED certified
- Teach Green – 100 percent of all NC classrooms will be part of the Green Schools standard with at least 10 percent at net zero energy
- Live Green – 50 percent of all new NC homes and 100 percent of all existing and affordable homes will meet high-energy efficiency standards
At this annual statewide membership event, we'll ask a panel of elected officials, architects, engineers, and USGBC members:
- What is happening in the state and around the country that will support this green vision for North Carolina?
- What are the expected obstacles to achieving this vision?
- What needs to be done to advance this vision for the future?
- What can we do in our local community to help NC achieve these goals?
Expected panelists include:
- Peter J. Arsenault (moderator), Architect, Chair of the Piedmont-Triad Branch and past national Vice President of AIA
- Kimberly Lewis, Senior Vice President of the U.S. Green Building Council
- David Liberatore, AIA NC President
- Thomas Phoenix, PE, Past National President of ASHRAE
Information about other USGBC North Carolina programs and activities will be on display including the announcement of the new Green Business Awards in the Piedmont-Triad region.