USGBC Nevada looks forward to seeing you on Friday, April 28 at the Orleans Hotel & Casino for an evening of networking, cocktails and hors d'oeuvres honoring local sustainability leaders.
We are excited to announce that we are building on past success by moving this event from December to April to coincide with local Earth Day activities. If the last few years are any indication, then this year's gala is sure to be a good time for our whole community!
If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities for this event, please contact Patti Mason.Sponsorship Benefits Package
USGBC Nevada and GREEN Alliance are rolling out the green carpet for the GREENFest - Awards Gala on April 28, 2017. In celebration of Earth Day, we will honor local community leaders who are inspiring immense progress for Nevada, illuminating the leaders in green building, community engagement, and service.
Project teams, buildings, companies, organizations and individuals who have demonstrated leadership between September 1, 2015 and December 31, 2016 may apply for consideration in the following categories:
- GREENFest's Rob Dorinson Environmental Hero Award: Earth Day celebrates great men and women who've defined modern environmentalism. This year's Environmental Hero demonstrates dedication, cunning, and the unflinching love of the environment. This heroes' passion has paved the way to bring about awareness and change.
- Avant-Guard Award: This award honors those who believe in ground breaking efforts that introduce experimental, new ideas that pioneer innovation, cutting edge and are ahead of their times. This awardee cultivates a cutting edge attitude and not afraid to break through barriers.
- Community Green Building Legacy Award: For any building constructed, renovated, or operated within the past 10 years. Residential or commercial building projects that were innovative in sustainable practices and pushing the envelope of sustainability in design and development.
- Community Leader in Green Schools: For a K-12 school that demonstrates sustainable leadership in facility operations and student/community engagement - this can be either a LEED-certified schools project, a stellar school that participated in Green Apple Day of Service, or any other demonstration of green schools leadership. (Applicants for this award are encouraged but not required to have achieved LEED certification)
- Community Volunteer Leadership: This award recognizes individuals who have made outstanding commitments through their personal time and energy, community connections, or other support. The awardee must be an active USGBC Nevada Community member at the time of submission to be eligible.
- Transformers Award: This award honors those who have committed to being a change maker. Through tireless work, this awardee has seen measurable results through thorough and dramatic change in community, business, practices, products or services, while moving the mindset towards a sustainable society.
- Triple Bottom Line Award: This award honors those that have engaged in a plan to benefit people while protecting our planet and improving economic prosperity. This awardee creates the sustainability balance of the triple bottom line.
Award winners will be publicly recognized at the GREENFest Awards Gala, presented by USGBC Nevada and GREEN Alliance.
For questions about the awards nomination process, please contact Emily Riordan.