GreenCon, USGBC Central Pennsylvania's annual green building conference and expo, will return March 17, 2016. With over 300 attendees in 2015, we are looking forward to making 2016 our most dynamic GreenCon yet. Mark your calendars!
Speaker and Educational Sessions
For more than 30 years, Wilson has been a trusted voice on energy efficiency and environmentally responsible design and construction. He founded BuildingGreen in 1985 and launched Environmental Building News (EBN) in 1992, as the first North American publication focused on green building. He built the reputation, resources and staff that today makes BuildingGreen a leading information company on green building, publishing not only EBN, but also the GreenSpec Directory, BuildingGreen.com, and LEEDuser. In addition, BuildingGreen provides consulting for a variety of companies for whom sustainable design is a core value. He is also the author of Your Green Home (2006) and co-author of Green Development: Integrating Ecology and Real Estate (1998) and the Consumer Guide to Home Energy Savings (1990, 9th edition, 2007).
Other presenters include:
- Brian Patterson, President of EMerge Alliance
- Stuart Kaplow, Author of the Green Building Law Update blog
- Anna Siefken, Pittsburgh 2030 District Director
- Michael Hindle, Principal of Passive to Positive
- Hannah Dowd McPhelin, Partner at Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Marcus Sheffer, Partner 7group
- 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m. — Expo open (Holland Union Building)
- 7:30-9 a.m. — Light breakfast served in Expo Hall (Holland Union Building)
- 9-9:30 a.m. — Welcome to GreenCon 2016! (ATS Auditorium)
- 9:30-10:45 a.m. — Resiliency Keynote from Alex Wilson (ATS Auditorium)
- 11 a.m.-12 p.m. — Breakout Session A (Althouse Hall)
- 12-2 p.m. — Lunch served in the Expo Hall (Holland Union Building)
- 2-3 p.m. — Breakout Session 2 (Althouse Hall)
- 3-3:30 p.m. — Afternoon coffee break (Althouse Hall)
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. — Breakout Session 3 (Althouse Hall)
- 4:30-6 p.m. — Green Networking Reception for St. Patrick's Day (Rector Science Complex, Auditorium)
Sponsors and Exhibitors
Sponsoring and exhibiting at GreenCon is the premier way to get your company in front of hundreds of attendees. If you’re interested in becoming a sponsor or exhibitor please submit this form by February 26 to Eileen Reavey.
The application period to present at GreenCon 2016 is now closed. Applications to present at GreenCon 2017 will open in October. If you are interested in presenting an educational session at another time throughout 2016, please contact our director, Eileen Reavey.
Interested in seeing what was featured at previous GreenCon's? Check out these GreenCon 2015 presentations* (to be used for educational purposes only and cannot be duplicated/shared without explicit written permission of the author.)