Take a deep dive into the state of materials in today's built environment as it relates to LEED v4 at this Tuesday, Feb. 28 evening seminar, with speakers Kristen Magnuson and Anjanette Green of stok. This course is approved by GBCI for two CE Hours for the following specialties LEED AP BD+C, LEED AP ID+C, LEED AP ND, LEED AP Homes.
The session will explore the myriad of factors that have guided the A+D community to heightened awareness around material health, transparency and indoor air quality. You'll learn why healthier buildings, building products and indoor air quality (IAQ) are critical components of LEED v4.
Speakers also will review building and product certifications relevant to the A+D community, honing in on LEED v4 materials prerequisites and credits.
From this seminar, participants will be able to:
- understand the research, events, and recent policy changes that have created the perfect platform for a strong focus on healthy building materials under LEED v4;
- discern between the Disclosure and Optimization credits available to project teams as they pertain to EPDs, Material Ingredients, and Sourcing;
- attain robust and detailed understanding of how to read and qualify the product declarations, certifications, and labels as outlined in the new MR credits including EPDs, HPDs, C2C Certified and C2C Materials Health Certificates, Declare, and Greenscreen; and
- identify influences in material specifications that impact Indoor Air Quality and subsequent IEQ credits.
- 5 p.m. — Networking reception
- 5:30 p.m. — Presentation
- 6:30 p.m. — Q&A
- 7 p.m. — Closing
Event Sponsor — stok