Register today for a half-day workshop by USGBC Central Pennsylvania to learn more about the Sustainable SITES Initiative (SITES®), the most comprehensive rating system for developing sustainable landscapes.
- Why SITES — SITES is based on the understanding that land development can be planned, designed, and maintained to protect and enhance ecosystem benefits. Administered by Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI), SITES is designed to define sustainable sites and measure their performance.
- SITES certification — SITES certification is for development projects located on sites with or without buildings—ranging from national parks to corporate campuses, from streetscapes to homes. The SITES rating system is currently being used by landscape architects, designers, engineers, architects, developers, policymakers and others.
- SITES Accredited Professional exam — The SITES Accredited Professional (AP) exam was just launched in October 2016, so attending this seminar & workshop would be a great way to study for the exam.
What you'll learn
This event will consist of presentations on the basics of SITES, as well as several case studies presented by experienced SITES practitioners from the Philadelphia area.
Then, a representative from Lancaster County Conservancy will frame our workshop discussion by explaining the current master site development plans for Climbers Run. For the last hour, we'll use this information in brainstorming with our three presenters/facilitators how the Climbers Run Nature Preserve could possibly pursue SITES certification...putting to use what we have learned during the seminar.
Continuing education credits available for this event:
- 4 GBCI CE hours (approved)
- 4 LA CES (pending)
- Jason A. Curtis PLA, LEED AP - Associate at Andropogon Associates
- Bryan Astheimer LEED AP BD+C, AICP - Re:Vision Architecture
- Megan Gonzales PLA, LEED AP - Green Building Specialist with GBCI
We have set up an online carpool sign-up sheet to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
If you are willing to drive, please "Add your car" using this link. If you'd like to join an existing carpool, click "Join." Or, if there are not enough drivers yet, please sign up for the "Waitlist" to be added to a car eventually.