Missed Greenbuild this year? Get the highlights of the conference at USGBC North Carolina Triangle Branch's bi-monthly educational meeting, taking place Tuesday, Nov. 15.
Hear about top presentations and new products you need to know about from three of our local leaders: Alicia Ravetto, Sarah Monthgomery & Liz Bowen. See the topics they'll discuss below.
Tickets (includes buffet lunch):
- Members: $30
- Non-Members: $35
- Walk-Ins: $40
- Students: $15
- Understand the major differences between LEED rating systems and LEED Dynamic Plaque
- Know the relationship between healthy places and green building practices
- Define how to apply the principles of biophilic design
FAIA & LEED Fellow
- GBCI new suite of certifications, SITES, GRESB, WELL, ParkSmart, Edge, PEER, LEED, Zero Waste & ICP plus soon ENVISION for infrastructure the new arc platform - a new technology organization to measure and compare green building performance
- Biophilic Design "an innovative approach that emphasizes the necessity of maintaining, enhancing, and restoring the beneficial experience of nature in the built environment" with outdoor sessions
- WELL, health and well-being. Establish a culture of health by creating healthy communities. Apply green building principles of market transformation to promote healthy places.
- Streetwyze, a program to democratize data by Master Speaker Dr Antwi Akom
- The Impact of Green Buildings on Cognitive Function studies, also known as The COGfx studies, fill key knowledge gaps in this important area, linking indoor environment with decision-making test scores
- The City of Newark, New Jersey, enacted the first of its kind "Environmental Justice and Cumulative Impacts Ordinance" that requires the city to take into account the impact of developments on residents' health and the city's environment.
Community Project Manager of USGBC North Carolina
- Reporting on sustainability initiatives at Greenbuild
Program Coordinator for the NC State University Sustainability Office
- LEED Lab
- LEED Dynamic Plaque