Tour the University of Colorado Boulder Student Recreation Center to hear about energy-saving strategies used and other on-campus LEED projects with representatives of the school, NORESCO and USGBC Colorado.
Rebecca Rice, LEED AP BD&C Senior Sustainability Consultant at NORESCO, will facilitate the tour. Attendees will learn about the building's state-of-the-art green building technology and LEED certification process currently underway.
About the Recreation Center
A model of sustainable design, the center incorporates innovative, energy-saving strategies and is expected to become one of the most energy-efficient facilities of its kind in the country.
The expansion of the existing Student Recreation Center was a student-driven project. Energy-saving measures implemented include:
- Heat recovery loop
- Solar thermal panels mounted on the roof
- Highly efficient indirect-direct evaporative cooling
- Displacement ventilation
- Low-energy overhead destratification fans
- LEDs and daylight harvesting controls
- 4-4:30 p.m. — Project Introduction and Plaque Presentation
- 4:30-5:30 p.m. — Sustainable Building Tour
- 5:30-6 p.m. — Networking and Happy Hour