Net-Works provides a real time look at the benefits of an inclusive business model for sustainability innovation. Developed from like-minded, cooperative sustainable thinkers from several global organizations, Net-Works is working to eliminate the environmental impact of discarded fishing nets on oceans, increase access to post-consumer recycled materials, and improve financial livelihood for the world's developing economies.
Recovering valuable waste materials from ecologically sensitive areas has led to environmental, social and financial benefits.
This presentation demonstrates the closed loop process that Net-Works strives to develop each day by tapping into the power of business to solve the world's social and environmental problems.
Speaker: Jean Russell of Interface
- To learn how an inclusive business model aims to solve global social issues while supporting business
- The inclusive business model is illustrated through a case study of the Net-Works program designed with these goals
- Identification of the core issues addressed by an inclusive business model and key partners required
- Understand the magnitude of cooperative efforts needed when implementing an inclusive business model
- Familiarize audience with the business and social benefits of inclusive business