Note: There will be a one-hour presentation from 5 to 6 p.m. on floor 9 of the South Tower. Then, join us in the lobby of the South Tower from 6 to 8 p.m. for food and drinks. Please indicate if you'll participate in the education portion when purchasing your ticket.
The Southern Branch is hosting its annual Wintergreen event on Thursday, March 2. Please join us at the Plaza of the Rockies for a fun event full of networking, drinks and appetizers.
Plaza of the Rockies existing buildings certification
Last year, Nor'wood Development Group achieved LEED Silver certification under the Existing Buildings rating system for the Plaza of the Rockies in downtown Colorado Springs.
The presentation will include a panel of project team members — including LEED consultants Ben Stanley and Trista Little of YR&G — will share anecdotes about the strategies pursued, challenges faced, and benefits observed. In particular, the discussion will focus on how the LEED credit strategies get done in practice in the context of building tenants, operating budgets, and technical challenges. The discussion will be supplemented with basic background for the LEED existing buildings program and key credits pursued.
Continuing education credits — Approved for 1 GBCI CE Hour and 1 AIA LU
- Understand the fundamental credit strategies of the LEED for Existing Buildings program
- Learn how a LEED-EBOM project is delivered in practice
- Understand the interaction of building occupants, vendors, and building management with the program implementation
- Learn about how pursuit of the certification improved operations within the building and added value in the process
- Learn about challenges and opportunities associated with implementation of a LEED-EBOM project