Attend USGBC Northern California's day-long workshop on Thursday, Sept. 8 in San Francisco to prepare for the LEED Green Associate exam. The credential is a mark of excellence in the green building industry, demonstrating that the holder has a thorough comprehension of the latest principles and practices.
USGBC Northern California guarantees success
Pass your LEED Green Associate exam or your next class is free!*
We've had high success rates since our program launched, with more than 90 percent of surveyed attendees passing the exam on the first try. Our instructors are well-versed in LEED and the credentialing exams, and they receive high approval ratings from attendees.
*Valid only for LEED Green Associate Exam Prep Workshops. Proof of score/id is required and the complimentary follow up workshop is subject to the public workshop schedule.
- Break down the LEED rating systems into plain language
- Develop strategies for studying and test-taking
- Explore real world projects to help you better understand and remember the material and put the concepts into practice
- Eligibility to take the exam: receive a certificate of completion to satisfy the requirement for the LEED Green Associate exam
- Earn 7 AIA general Continuing Education Units - Please contact info greenstepeducation.com/ for more information.
From this workshop, you'll also receive:
- In-class practice exam & take-home exam that accurately reflect the types of questions on the test
- USGBC Northern California workbook that summarizes the material and outlines the course
USGBC Northern California's LEED Green Associate Exam Preparation Workshop is designed to review everything you need to know to successfully pass the exam including:
- LEED implementation process
- Project site factors
- Water management
- Energy impacts
- Synergistic opportunities
- Stakeholder involvement in innovation
- Project surroundings
- Public outreach
- Test taking tips and strategies
This workshop bridges the gaps between other exam preparation resources such as the Green Building & LEED Core Concepts Guide and LEED Green Associate Study Guide and provides interpretation and enhanced understanding of key information contained in these resources as well as exam tips and preparation recommendations.
The workbook included with the workshop summarizes all of the information you need to know for the exam, but we recommend the following additional free resource, to supplement your knowledge:
For a complete guide to the LEED rating system, purchase a LEED Reference Guide from the USGBC Store.
Alex Spilger is Senior Vice President of DTZ and leads its West Coast Sustainability Practice. Alex helps clients in achieving their sustainability goals including creating healthier workplaces, increasing return on investment through energy efficiency and differentiating their real estate portfolios through LEED Certification.
Alex has consulted on over 100 diverse green building projects with high profile clients such as Google, Salesforce.com, Skype, Square, Mozilla, Comcast, GAP, and the Wharton School of Business among others. His project achievements include the first LEED Platinum Major Renovation project on the west coast, the first LEED CI Platinum project in California and one of the first projects to attempt the prestigious Living Building Challenge.
In addition to his project work, Alex is Founder of GreenStep Education and has taught over 250 green building workshops across the globe through organizations such as the US Green Building Council (USGBC), American Institute of Architects (AIA), Sustainable Building Advisors Program and the Stanford Graduate School of Business to name a few. He has also developed curriculum for UC Berkeley where he teaches a 6-week Green Building Project Management course.