Please upgrade your browser. This site requires a newer version to work correctly. Read more

Is a Green Rater qualified to complete performance testing?


All projects pursuing LEED for Homes certification also require performance testing to be completed by a qualified energy rater, or a Home Energy Rating System Rater (HERS Rater). Many Green Raters are also qualified energy raters (HERS Raters) and can provide both the onsite verification and performance testing services. Ask your LEED for Homes Green Rater if they are qualified or locate a HERS Rater near you.

Also see

Have a question or comment?


(within U.S.)


(outside U.S.)

M-F 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM EST


U.S. Green Building Council
P.O. Box 404296
Atlanta, GA 30384-4296


2101 L Street, NW
Suite 500
Washington DC 20037