How can I appeal a denied credit or prerequisite?
Any denied credits can be appealed either after the final design review or after the final construction review. New credits can be attempted and submitted during the initial review or through the appeal process. To appeal, you will need to click the “Appeal” button after the final review has been completed. The project team will then be prompted to submit payment, at which time you should select your payment method.
Once payment has been submitted, you will then need to upload the proper documentation under the credits/prerequisites being appealed, and mark them as “complete.” The “Submit Appeal for Review” button will appear, and must be clicked in order to submit the appeal to GBCI for review.
- How do I respond to review comments and submit my clarifications?
- The review comment is asking me to upload a document; however there is no upload button on the credit form. How do I submit a supplemental document when there is no upload button on the prerequisite or credit form?
- How do we submit a question about our Certification Review Comments or contact our review team?
- Can we request a call with the review team assigned to our project?
- Our deadline to respond to our preliminary comments or appeal is coming to an end and we need more time. Can we have an extension?
- I submitted a credit for the first time in the Design Final submission. Will I have a chance to respond to clarifications in the Construction Preliminary submission?
- If a credit(s) (e.g., EAc1, EAc2, and EAc6) is denied solely due to issues outlined in a base prerequisite (such as EAp2), do I have to appeal the prerequisite and the linked credits?
Can't find what you're looking for?Ask a question
Have a question or comment?
M-F 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM EST
U.S. Green Building Council
P.O. Box 404296
Atlanta, GA 30384-4296
2101 L Street, NW
Washington DC 20037