How can I certify my campus?
LEED does not certify whole campuses in the traditional sense. The Campus Program was developed to streamline the process of certifying buildings and/or project spaces on a campus.
LEED 2009 project teams with more than one building on the same site have the following options:
- Certifying all buildings individually.
- Certifying all buildings individually by following the guidance outlined in the AGMBC. Use of the AGMBC is optional, but when chosen to be used, it must be used in its entirety.
- Certifying the buildings as a group using the group project guidance in the AGMBC. If all three buildings are being constructed under the same construction contract, project teams may have the option to certify them as a group project. The group project will receive one rating and one certification level.
- With the launch of the new LEED Online, what will happen with my individual building/space campus projects that are in LEED Online v3?
- Can I transfer my campus project from LEED Online v3 to the new LEED Online?
- Can I transfer individual building registrations from LEED Online v3 to a Group Project registration in the new LEED Online?
- I have a master site that has gone through review in LEED Online v3. Can I register campus projects in the new LEED Online that utilize credits that were preapproved in the master site?
- How are project teams set up in the new LEED Online, and how is this different from LEED Online v3?
- In LEED Online v3, I organized my campus projects in a block. How are projects organized in the new LEED Online?
- Are the registration and/or certification fees different in the new LEED Online than they are in LEED Online v3?
- Can I use the options outlined in the 2005 LEED-NC Application Guide for Multiple Buildings and On-Campus Building Projects (AGMBC 2005) for my LEED 2009 Project?
- Can I use the guidance provided in the AGMBC document to certify my LEED CS precertification projects?
- Can I reference campus credits documented in the master site during a LEED precertification phase for a LEED CS certification project?
- If I registered individual LEED 2009 projects before the release of the group certification functionality (formerly Part 2) in the AGMBC, can I use those registrations to register a project for group certification?
- The AGMBC guidance requires a list of the registered projects to which the campus credits will apply. What if I can't register all projects pursuing LEED certification at the time of master site review submittal?
- How is the LEED campus boundary different from the LEED project boundary?
- Can I exclude buildings from my LEED campus boundary?
- I have four commercial interior spaces, all owned by the same entity and located in the same building. Do I have to use the guidance outlined in the AGMBC, or can I register these as one project?
Can't find what you're looking for?Ask a question
Have a question or comment?
M-F 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM EST
U.S. Green Building Council
P.O. Box 404296
Atlanta, GA 30384-4296
2101 L Street, NW
Washington DC 20037