How can I request an extension to my current CMP reporting period? | U.S. Green Building Council
Reminder: October 31 is the last day to register a LEED project under LEED 2009. Learn more.
Please upgrade your browser. This site requires a newer version to work correctly. Read more

LEED Professionals

How can I request an extension to my current CMP reporting period?


If unforeseen circumstances prevent you from being able to complete your credential maintenance in your two-year reporting period, you may request a waiver or extension. Situations that could be recognized by GBCI as hardship include:

  • Long term unemployment
  • Military deployment
  • Health problems
  • Death in the family

This list is not exhaustive nor do these circumstances guarantee a waiver or extension. Written requests with supporting documentation must be received at least 30 days before the end of your reporting period. GBCI reviews requests on a case-by-case basis and only grants waivers or extensions in situations where you were prevented from completing your CMP.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask a question

Have a question or comment?


(within U.S.)


(outside U.S.)

M-F 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM EST


U.S. Green Building Council
P.O. Box 404296
Atlanta, GA 30384-4296


2101 L Street, NW
Suite 500
Washington DC 20037