How do I earn a pilot credit?
To earn a pilot credit the project must do the following:
Register for specific pilot credit(s) at http://www.usgbc.org/pilot-credit-registration
When documenting the credit in the IDc1: Innovation in Design LEED Form, choose the Pilot Credit radio button. List the pilot credit name in the text box, for example: SSpc82: Local Food Production. Then, check the box confirming: I have submitted the LEED Pilot Credit Library Project Registration Form to USGBC.
Upload the following.
- Your pilot registration confirmation email.
- Your pilot credit survey completion email.
- The credit specific documentation outlined under the submittals section of the pilot credit document.
LEED for Homes projects should submit documentation here.
Confirm that the credit is ready to submit as you would all of the other credits.
- Can I earn a pilot credit for something I’ve done in an existing LEED credit?
- Can I earn a pilot credit if I tried to achieve the credit requirements, but failed?
- Who can propose a pilot credit?
- How are new pilot credit proposals evaluated?
- What happens after you register for a pilot credit?
- Does USGBC determine whether or not the pilot credits are applicable to your project?
- What happens if a project team registers for a pilot credit and later decides not to pursue the credit?
- Are the points available for pilot credits the same points as the Innovation in Design points?
- I registered for a pilot credit that is now closed. Where can I find the language?
Can't find what you're looking for?Ask a question
Have a question or comment?
M-F 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM EST
U.S. Green Building Council
P.O. Box 404296
Atlanta, GA 30384-4296
2101 L Street, NW
Washington DC 20037