How is project experience assessed within the LEED AP exam?
The Test Specifications for each LEED credentialing exam is a result of the data borne from the Job Task Analysis survey conducted in Q3 of 2013.
In the Job Task Analysis Survey, respondents were asked to assign an importance rating to various tasks that were deemed necessary for a newly credentialed LEED professional to do for the safe and effective practice of LEED. They were also asked to assign a rating to statements that identified what they needed to know in order to do those tasks.
As a result of the survey, important tasks and knowledge areas were identified as necessary for a newly credentialed LEED professional to do and know. Further, these components are linked together in each test question. For instance, it is not sufficient to know what LEED Online is, but rather the candidate will need to know how to use LEED Online. Without ever registering a project, or observing someone register a project, the candidate will not know how to answer the LEED Online questions. Without participating in a charette, the candidate may not be able to answer questions on the integrative process.
By linking tasks and knowledge requirements in a multiple choice test question, cognitive processes (what you know) as well as skills (what you do) are evaluated.
- How do I schedule a LEED AP exam?
- Where can I take the LEED AP exam?
- Can I retake the LEED AP exam if I fail?
- If I take the full LEED exam option, do I get a break between the first part and second part of the exam?
- What if I pass only one part of the full LEED exam?
- If I pass the first part (the LEED Green Associate exam) but not the second (the specialty exam), can I call myself a LEED Green Associate?
- Can my LEED AP exam score be reviewed?
- Can I see the questions that I missed on the LEED AP exam?
- Is LEED addenda included in the LEED professional exams?
- Which LEED AP exam would be most appropriate for me?
- How can I register for a LEED AP exam?
- What are the eligibility requirements to sit for the LEED AP with specialty exams?
- How much does it cost to take the LEED AP exam?
- What language(s) is the LEED AP exam available in?
- Once I register for the LEED AP exam, how long do I have to take the exam? Is an extension possible?
Can't find what you're looking for?Ask a question
Have a question or comment?
M-F 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM EST
U.S. Green Building Council
P.O. Box 404296
Atlanta, GA 30384-4296
2101 L Street, NW
Washington DC 20037