What are continuing education or credential maintenance hours?
Continuing education or “CE” hours are the hours LEED professionals spend in credential maintenance activities. CE hours are calculated differently depending on the activity.
If you are a LEED AP, you must earn 30 CE hours (six must be LEED-specific) every two years to maintain your credential.
If you are a LEED Green Associate, you must earn 15 CE hours (three must be LEED-specific) every two years to maintain your credential.
- When does my continuing education reporting period begin and end?
- Are there enough hours in the Education @USGBC subscription to fulfill maintenance requirements for a LEED credential?
- What are LEED-specific hours?
- What happens if I do not complete my continuing education requirements?
- How can I request an extension to my current CMP reporting period?
- How do I self-report CE hours?
- What is the cost for credential maintenance renewal?
- Can I count the same course for Continuing Education Credit multiple times?
- How do I maintain multiple LEED credentials?
- What if I have more than one specialty credential, how much is my credential renewal?
- Where can I find my GBCI number?
Can't find what you're looking for?Ask a question
Have a question or comment?
M-F 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM EST
U.S. Green Building Council
P.O. Box 404296
Atlanta, GA 30384-4296
2101 L Street, NW
Washington DC 20037