What are LEED-specific hours?
LEED-specific is defined as an activity that has an explicit connection to credit categories, credits and/or prerequisites found in any of the current LEED rating systems. For LEED APs, LEED-specific CE hours must relate directly to the specialty. Examples of LEED-specific activities include working on LEED projects, volunteering on rating system development, authoring LEED case studies, developing and/or teaching coursework on the LEED rating system.
LEED-specific hours meet at least one of the following criteria:
- process-related to LEED,
- credit or category-related, such as dealing with requirements, intents or version comparisons,
- an in-depth, technical LEED update,
- an in-depth LEED project case study targeted toward a specific LEED credit,
- a best practice lesson that entails successful or unsuccessful implementation of LEED, or
- show benefits of using LEED (return on investment, grants, taxes or incentives).
If you are a LEED AP with specialty, the six of your 30 continuing education hours must be LEED-specific hours directly relate to your specialty credential.
If you are a LEED Green Associate, three of your required 15 continuing education hours must be LEED-specific.
- When does my continuing education reporting period begin and end?
- Are there enough hours in the Education @USGBC subscription to fulfill maintenance requirements for a LEED credential?
- What are continuing education or credential maintenance hours?
- What happens if I do not complete my continuing education requirements?
- How can I request an extension to my current CMP reporting period?
- How do I self-report CE hours?
- What is the cost for credential maintenance renewal?
- Can I count the same course for Continuing Education Credit multiple times?
- How do I maintain multiple LEED credentials?
- What if I have more than one specialty credential, how much is my credential renewal?
Can't find what you're looking for?Ask a question
Have a question or comment?
M-F 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM EST
U.S. Green Building Council
P.O. Box 404296
Atlanta, GA 30384-4296
2101 L Street, NW
Washington DC 20037