What is the difference between a chapter and an affiliate?
Affiliates are green building groups that existed before the creation of the USGBC chapter network. Because these groups shared a similar mission with that of USGBC, we made them affiliates rather than start new chapters to serve the same area. There are five in the U.S. As part of their affiliation agreement with USGBC, they agree to promote USGBC programs and perform many of the same functions as a chapter. By their very definition (as predating the USGBC chapter network) there can be no more affiliates.
- What are the benefits of joining a USGBC chapter?
- How do I find my local chapter?
- What are branches?
- How do I start my own chapter?
- Can I start a chapter outside of the United States?
- Why doesn’t my chapter affiliation appear in my profile on the national site?
- Who can receive discounts on materials, workshops and exams?
Can't find what you're looking for?Ask a question
Have a question or comment?
M-F 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM EST
U.S. Green Building Council
P.O. Box 404296
Atlanta, GA 30384-4296
2101 L Street, NW
Washington DC 20037