What is the difference between a USGBC Community and a Chapter?
The USGBC Community consists of one integrated network of local, regional, and national leaders. Prior to 2016, USGBC had 76 chapters that were separate 501(c)(3) organizations. Chapters were given the opportunity to integrate with USGBC or remain aligned as a separate organization. Those who chose to remain aligned continue to be Chapters of USGBC, retaining separate governance structures.
Those who integrated with USGBC are now part of the USGBC Community. USGBC staff support volunteer leaders in USGBC communities across the country in achieving USGBC’s mission and vision on a local level.
- Why aren't my USGBC community members listed in the directory?
- What are the benefits of joining a USGBC community?
- How do I find my local community?
- What are branches?
- How do I start my own community or chapter?
- Can I start a chapter outside of the United States?
- Why doesn’t my chapter affiliation appear in my profile on the national site?
- Who can receive discounts on materials, workshops and exams?
Can't find what you're looking for?Ask a question
Have a question or comment?
M-F 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM EST
U.S. Green Building Council
P.O. Box 404296
Atlanta, GA 30384-4296
2101 L Street, NW
Washington DC 20037