What value do I use for the gross square footage of my project?
Please refer to your rating system's Minimum Program Requirements in the Credit Library and the Minimum Program Requirements Supplemental Guidance. Generally, the gross floor area is the sum of the floor areas of the spaces within the building, including basements, mezzanine and intermediate-floored tiers, and penthouses with headroom height of 7.5 ft (2.2 meters) or greater. Measurements must be taken from the exterior faces of exterior walls OR from the centerline of walls separating buildings, OR (for LEED-CI certifying spaces) from the centerline of walls separating spaces. Excludes non-enclosed (or non-enclosable) roofed-over areas such as exterior covered walkways, porches, terraces or steps, roof overhands, and similar features. Excludes air shafts, pipe trenches, chimneys and floor area dedicated to the parking and circulation of motor vehicles.
- I have a previously registered LEED 2009 project. Can I change my registration to LEED v4?
- How do I know which rating system is right for my project?
- Can I register a project on behalf of the project owner?
- What are the LEED India 2011 Rating Systems?
- How do I register a block?
- I have a previously registered LEED 2.0 project. Can I change my registration to LEED 2009?
Can't find what you're looking for?Ask a question
Have a question or comment?
M-F 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM EST
U.S. Green Building Council
P.O. Box 404296
Atlanta, GA 30384-4296
2101 L Street, NW
Washington DC 20037