Who can sign the LEED Certification Agreement?
The LEED Certification Agreement must be signed by the project Owner. If the LEED Certification Agreement will be signed by a party other than the project Owner, a Confirmation of Agent’s Authority Form must be completed and uploaded to LEED Online. The Confirmation of Agent’s Authority Form is available in LEED Online.
Note that for LEED Online version 3, the LEED Certification Agreement must be signed before submitting for Preliminary Review. Refer to the Help content in LEED Online version 3 for step by step instructions.
In the new LEED Online, the Certification Agreement is signed during project registration. If you are registering the project and signing the Certification Agreement on behalf of the project Owner, you must also complete and upload the Confirmation of Agent Authority (COAA) form to the project's details page (accessible following registration). Refer to the LEED Online FAQ section for more details.
- We accidentally registered our multiple buildings project as a single building. Can we correct this?
- Can we change rating systems after we have registered our project?
- How do I change versions of the LEED rating system?
- Where can I find more information about sunset dates?
- Can I only provide documentation for uploads directly requested in the prerequisite/credit forms?
- How is the LEED Certification Agreement completed for LEED ND projects in LEED Online v3?
- Should I upload supplemental calculators as an Excel file or as a PDF file?
- Do areas have to be reported consistently throughout all prerequisite and credit submittals and calculations?
- Should I upgrade my prerequisite and credit forms to the latest version, and how is that done?
- How can we stay up-to-date on changes to the credit requirements?
- Do I have to model 25 percent default process energy loads even if the anticipated loads in the building will be much smaller?
- I plan to submit a project and want to use the ASHRAE Standard addendum. Do I need to comply with only the addendum requirements or all of the addenda associated with the standard?
- A small portion of my LEED NC building will be fit out by a future tenant. Since this is not under our project’s scope of work, can we exclude the unfinished spaces from the LEED NC submittal?
- Can we submit for an expedited review?
- If I originally selected the “Pay by check” option when submitting my project for review, can I decide later to pay by credit card?
Can't find what you're looking for?Ask a question
Have a question or comment?
M-F 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM EST
U.S. Green Building Council
P.O. Box 404296
Atlanta, GA 30384-4296
2101 L Street, NW
Washington DC 20037