LEED for Homes Green Raters
Green Raters provide in-the-field verification services at each and every LEED for Homes Project.
To ensure the quality of service provided by LEED for Homes Green Raters, we require a rigorous set of qualifications. Access the candidate handbook for exam policies and procedures. You can find the complete list of requirements in the LEED for Homes Green Rater Eligibility Qualifications.
- Complete the Green Rater application process (with documentation).
- Complete the two-part Green Rater training—HOMES 401.
Part 1: Full series of self-guided online learning modules (approximately five hours)
Part 2: Instructor-led two-day LEED for Homes Green Rater Workshop (two full days)
- Pass the Green Rater exam.
Upon passing the exam, candidates will be recognized with a Green Rater in training status.
- Establish an agreement with a LEED for Homes provider organization.
Complete the Green Rater mentorship within 24 months of passing the exam.
After completing the mentorship, you will receive your LEED for Homes Green Rater certificate.
Details on the training
The two-part LEED for Homes Green Rater Training is designed to prepare qualified participants to provide verification services on LEED for Homes projects and is the second step in earning the LEED for Homes Green Rater Certificate. The full course includes:
Part 1: Self Guided Online Learning Modules
- 1.1 Becoming a LEED for Homes Green Rater
- 1.2 Green Rater Roles and Responsibilities
- 1.3 Technical Strategies for LEED for Homes
- 1.4 Multifamily and Production Home Projects
- 1.5 Green Rater Tools and Resources
Part 2: LEED for Homes Green Rater Workshop
- 2 day instructor-led workshop
When you register for HOMES 401: Green Rater Training, you are registering for both Part 1 and Part 2 of the Green Rater training. Access to Part 1 will be emailed to you once your registration is confirmed.
Details on the exam
Access the candidate handbook for exam policies and procedures. Review the Specifications for the LEED for Homes Green Rater Exam. The application fee is $50, and the exam fee is $250 (per exam appointment).
Details on the mentorship
After you pass the Green Rater exam, you have 2 years to complete a mentorship with a current Green Rater and a provider quality assurance designee (QAD). The mentorship requires you to do the following:
- Participate in two preliminary ratings (the mentor must participate in both meetings, whether in person or by phone)
- Conduct two pre-drywall and two final 30-minute verification visits (the first visit of each verification type must be supervised in person by the mentor)
- Prepare two project submittal packages (reviewed by a QAD in accordance with LEED for Homes program requirements)
- Submit mentorship documentation for review
Keeping Your Certificate Active
Once the certificate is earned, active status is maintained by rating a minimum of two LEED for Homes projects in each two year time period. Active status must be maintained in order to continue rating LEED for Homes projects.