Earning your LEED AP with specialty
The LEED AP exam measures your ability to understand and support green design, construction and operations. In addition, the exam also assesses your understanding of the LEED rating system and your ability to facilitate the certification process.
- Four hour, two-part computer-based test
- Part one consists of 100 randomly delivered multiple-choice questions and must be completed within the first two hours of your exam appointment.
- Part two is comprised of 100 randomly delivered multiple-choice questions and must be completed in the second two hours of your exam appointment.
- The exam session should take approximately 4.5 hours total, or 2.5 hours for LEED Professionals.
- Your score will be available immediately at the end of the exam and you will receive a printed score report.
- A passing score is 170 or higher on a scale of 125 to 200.
- You are eligible for the LEED AP with specialty credential if you have experience working on a LEED-registered project within the past three years.
- Application: $100
- Full exam: $300 ($450 for non-members)
- Specialty only (for LEED Green Associates): $150 ($250 for non-members)
- Maintenance: $50 every two years
- Once you receive your eligibility ID, schedule your exam through Prometric within a year of application.
- There is a $50 cancellation or rescheduling fee within 30 days of your appointment.
- 30 continuing education hours every two years
We offer all of our exams in English. The LEED Green Associate exam is available in French, Brazilian Portuguese, and will soon be available in Spanish and Chinese (simplified). The LEED AP BD+C exam is available in French.
LEED 201: Core Concepts & Strategies
Learn the essential knowledge of sustainable building concepts that are fundamental to all LEED Rating Systems. Access the course