To provide for the ongoing accountability and optimization of tenant energy and water consumption performance over time.
Case 1. Projects Less Than 75% of the Total Building Area
Complete 1 or more of the following:
- Install submetering equipment to measure and record energy use within the tenant space. (2 points)
- Negotiate a lease whereby energy costs are paid by the tenant and not included in the base rent. (3 points)
Case 2. Projects 75% or More of the Total Building Area
Install continuous metering equipment for the following end uses: (5 points)
- Lighting systems and controls.
- Constant and variable motor loads.
- Variable frequency drive operation.
- Chiller efficiency at variable loads (kW/ton).
- Cooling load.
- Air and water economizer and heat recovery cycles.
- Air distribution static pressures and ventilation air volumes.
- Boiler efficiencies.
- Building-related process energy systems and equipment.
- Indoor water riser and outdoor irrigation systems.
Develop and implement a measurement and verification (M&V) plan that incorporates the monitoring information from the above end uses and is consistent with Option B, C, or D of the 2001 International Performance Measurement & Verification Protocol (IPMVP), Volume I: Concepts and Options for Determining Energy and Water Savings.
Provide a process for corrective action if the results of the M&V plan indicate that energy savings are not being achieved.
Ask questions, share tips, and get notified of new forum posts by joining LEEDuser, a tool developed by BuildingGreen and supported by USGBC!