To reduce the exposure of building occupants and maintenance personnel to potentially hazardous chemical, biological and particulate contaminants, which adversely affect air quality, human health, building finishes, building systems and the environment.
Have in place during the performance period a high-performance cleaning program, supported by a green cleaning policy (EQ Prerequisite 3), that addresses the following:
- Appropriate staffing plan.
- Implementation of training of maintenance personnel in the hazards, use, maintenance, disposal and recycling of cleaning chemicals, dispensing equipment and packaging.
- Use of chemical concentrates with appropriate dilution systems to minimize chemical use wherever possible.
- Use of sustainable cleaning materials, products, equipment, janitorial paper products and trash bags (including microfiber tools and wipes).
- Use of sustainable cleaning and hard floor and carpet care products meeting the sustainability criteria outlined in EQ Credits 3.3–3.5.
- Use of cleaning equipment meeting the sustainability criteria outlined in EQ Credit 3.6.