Verify and ensure that the entire building is designed, constructed and calibrated to operate as intended.
In addition to the Fundamental Building Commissioning prerequisite, implement or have a contract in place to implement the following additional commissioning tasks:
- A commissioning authority independent of the design team shall conduct a review of the design prior to the construction documents phase.
- An independent commissioning authority shall conduct a review of the construction documents near completion of the construction document development and prior to issuing the contract documents for construction.
- An independent commissioning authority shall review the contractor submittals relative to systems being commissioned.
- Provide the owner with a single manual that contains the information required for re-commissioning building systems.
- Have a contract in place to review building operation with O&M staff, including a plan for resolution of outstanding commissioning-related issues within one year after construction completion date.