Avoid development of inappropriate sites and reduce the environmental impact from the location of a building on a site.
Do not develop buildings on portions of sites that meet any one of the following criteria:
- Prime farmland as defined by the American Farmland Trust
- Land whose elevation is lower than 5 feet above the elevation of the 100-year flood as defined by FEMA
- Land which provides habitat for any species on the Federal or State threatened or endangered list
- Within 100 feet of any wetland as defined by 40 CFR, Parts 230-233 and Part 22, OR as defined by local or state rule or law, whichever is more stringent
- Land which prior to acquisition for the project was public parkland, unless land of equal or greater value as parkland is accepted in trade by the public landowner (Park Authority projects are exempt).