To provide for the ongoing accountability of building energy consumption over time.
Whole building design and construction projects must use actual and predicted wholebuilding energy consumption to meet the requirements below.
Core and shell design and construction projects must use actual and predicted basebuilding energy consumption to meet the requirements below.
Develop and implement a Measurement & Verification (M&V) program in accordance with Option D: Calibrated Simulation (either Savings Estimation Method 1 or 2), as specified by the International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP), Concepts and Options for Determining Energy Savings in New Construction, Volume III, 2006.
The M&V period must cover at least one year of post-construction occupancy.
An executed contract(s) must be in place for all services necessary to execute the M&V program, including the eventual submittal of the final M&V report to the project team and building owner, including
- Reconciliation between actual energy use and energy use predicted by EA Credit 1.
- Discussion of reconciliation and variances between actual energy use and energy use predicted by EA Credit 1.
- Actual avoided energy use compared to the EA Credit 1 baseline.
- Avoided energy costs compared to the EA Credit 1 baseline.
- Avoided GHG emissions compared to the EA Credit 1 baseline.
- Recommendations for any remedial or future action.
Projects that are connected to district energy systems must follow LEED’s DES requirements.
- Participate in the LEEDuser pilot credit forum
- Complete the feedback survey:
Note: As the pilot continues, requirements and submittal requirements will evolve. Please submit any additional documentation that you believe would be helpful in supporting your claims. This feedback will assist in future credit revisions.
- Complete the Google Form as submittal for this credit.
- Upload. Provide a copy of the contract(s) in place for all services necessary to execute the M&V program.
- Upload. Provide a copy of the M&V Plan consistent with Option D: Calibrated Simulation in IPMVP Volume III, 2006.
- Were there barriers to implementing the strategies used under this credit?
Ask questions, share tips, and get notified of new forum posts by joining LEEDuser, a tool developed by BuildingGreen and supported by USGBC!
No sample form available for this credit.View all sample forms