Outdoor Water Use Reduction using Xeriscaping
GBCI: 0090008844This class is designed to teach people about landscaping that conserves water and protects the environment.
- 2 CE
- LEED Green Associate
- LEED AP BD+C
- LEED AP O+M
- LEED AP ND
- LEED AP Homes
This class is designed to teach people about landscaping that conserves water and protects the environment. Selecting the correct plants is not enough. The class will teach participants to apply good landscaping techniques and maintenance practices that will savethem time, money, and water. This course provides real world examples to illustrate proper understanding of Xeriscaping and how Xeriscaping can be used in LEED to achieve a water efficient landscape.
- Define the difference between Xeriscaping and traditional landscaping
- Evaluate the environmental, economic, and social issues
- Explain the seven principles of Xeriscaping
- Explore various methods of implementation
- Describe LEED credit requirements and strategies as related to Xeriscaping