Transwestern operates some of the most energy efficient properties in the nation, and has garnered the U.S. EPA’s ENERGY STAR® designation for 13 consecutive years. We are a privately held, full-service real estate firm with a dedicated sustainability group, on a par with our other service lines of agency leasing, management, tenant advisory, capital markets, and research.
Our dedicated sustainability specialists have unsurpassed experience improving building efficiency, reducing operating costs, producing energy and securing Property Assessed Clean Energy financing for real estate investors. Our experts also advise tenants on incorporating sustainability and WELL® building initiatives into the spaces they occupy. Transwestern chose to become a USGBC Platinum member because we recognize that LEED certification is the highest standard for sustainability measurement, and membership enables our specialists to consult with USGBC experts and take advantage of sustainability educational resources.
We have incorporated energy management practices across our managed portfolio and have pledged to reduce energy use at benchmarked properties by 2% annually. By working continuously to reduce property operating costs and environmental footprints for our clients, we set examples of sustainable, energy-efficient solutions that help to educate and inspire our peers in the commercial real estate industry.
In keeping with The Transwestern Experience, the highest level of personalized service, Transwestern’s sustainability program combines LEED rating systems with our own, proprietary measures to create a more sustainable future for employees and clients. Enhance is a Transwestern-created system that rates buildings within the managed portfolio in categories such as energy consumption, water conservation, operations and maintenance, indoor environmental quality and recycling. DROP®, created by our Sustainability Services group, benchmarks water use with the same methodology that ENERGY STAR® uses to gauge properties in its Portfolio Manager program.
As part of the DROP initiative, Transwestern employs the One Point Challenge, which encourages properties to reduce energy usage by one percent or to increase their ENERGY STAR® score by one point. These initiatives hold us accountable for our sustainability efforts and push us to continually seek improvement, which in turn allows us to better serve our clients.
Transwestern continues to be an industry leader in sustainability. Highlighted below are just a few of our accomplishments.
- 9/04/14 First (and at 6/3/16 still the only) v4 O&M Volume prototype precertification in the world
- 8/01/14 First v4 O&M certification in the world – 1800 K Street, Washington DC. This was the 2nd O&M certification under any rating system
- 8/01/13 First (and at 6/3/16 still the only) O&M certification in Russia – Mars Ulyanovsk, Russia
- 4/15/13 First v4 schools certification in the world – Maple Dale Elementary School, Glendale, WI
- 8/03/15 2nd LEED Dynamic Plaque Existing Building recertification in the world – 200 W. Madison
Properties Certified: 114
- Platinum: 10, Gold: 43, Silver: 44, Certified: 17
- Total Building Area: 37.44 MSF
- Estimated Water Saved: 62.25 M gallons
- Total Pounds CO2e Saved: 679,042,841.9 lbs.
- Recycling Diverted during LEED Performance Period: 4,855.05 tons
- Office Buildings Benchmarked: 409
- Total Building Area Benchmarked: 74,403,627 GSF
- ENERGY STAR® Labeled Buildings: 143
- Total Site Energy Use saved from Feb. 29th, 2015 to Feb. 29th, 2016: 5,081,682,555.2 kBtu
- March 31, 2006 - Present
- 34 U.S. offices with operations in more than 180 offices in 37 countries via a strategic alliance with BNP Paribas Real Estate.
- LEED APs on staff
LEED Proven Provider
- Operations and Maintenance (O+M)