US Cool Roofs LLC supports quality cool roofs as one strategy to help our customers accomplish lower energy use, improved sustainability performance, and reduced operating and capital outlay costs. (www.uscoolroofs.com)
US Cool Roofs, US Department of Energy, and other organizations such as the California Energy Commission & Florida Energy Office recommend cool roof coatings for resuts such as energy savings, environmental sustainability, and cost benefits.
Cool roof benefits include:
• Save on annual electricity bills by reducing air conditioning costs.
• Save peak electricity demand costs if you have time-of-use metering.
• Reduce roof maintenance and replacement expenses by extending roof life.
• Increase indoor comfort in summer by reduction of infrared conversion
from visible light.
• Reduce the "heat island effect" in cities and suburbs.
• Reduce air pollution and smog formation.
• Reduce roofing waste added to landfills.