Abdelrahman is a highly motivated Engineer with a keen-eye for challenge, willing to apply knowledge of sustainable development strategies & project management techniques in day-to-day working environment, while utilizing personal qualities and skills to continue advancing on both managerial and technical levels. Abdelrahman is interested in the fields of Facility Management, Energy Management, Sustainable Systems, and Green buildings development. Through first few years as a professional, he was able to form a clear vision of a skill development plan and show genuine commitment to achieve professional goals, while maintaining a high rate of progress on the personal level. The state-of-the-art sustainable design of the Princess Noura Bint Abdulrahman University Project exposed Abdelrahman to valuable hands-on experience in highest development standards, Green Building Strategies, and sustainability.
•Areas of expertise & knowledge:
1) Sustainability, Green Building & LEED
2) Operation & Maintenance
3) HVAC & Indoor Environment Quality
4) Plumbing, Fixtures & Fittings
5) Building Envelope & Glazing
6) Chiller Plants & Cooling Towers
7) Project & Operations Management
8) Water Treatment & Water Quality
9) Reverse Osmosis & Sewage Treatment Plants
10) Medical/Chemical/Solid Waste Management
11) Boiler Plants & Solar Heating
12) BMS, Control, Alarm, & Billing Systems
13) Energy Management
14) Facility Management
•The Princess Noura University project covers about 8 millions square meters
and located on King Khalid International Airport Road north of Riyadh. The
total built up area is around 3 millions square meters. The university is a
mega-project that has a number of LEED Certified buildings, and the project
as a whole has a lot of green strategies implemented throughout. The
university developed area includes 2 Administration Buildings, 13 Faculties,
a 700-bed Student Hospital, Research Centers, Central Library, Residential
Areas that includes accommodation for students and staff, 2 Kindergarten
Schools, 2 Stadiums, 2 Sports Centers, Clock Tower, Main Mosque, Conference &
Convention center, Ceremonial Plaza and finally an Internal Metro-line with 9
1) Evaluate Performance & Supervise Operation while Maintaining Safe Work Practices for Systems, Facilities, and Equipment.
2) Generate reports, Issue Maintenance Work Orders & Follow-up on CM & PPM Schedules using MAXIMO system & KPI Calculations.
3) BMS, Control, Alarm, Metering & Billing Systems Commissioning.
4) LEED Project Team Member for Zones targeting LEED certification.
5) Perform Energy Audits, and Identify Energy Saving Opportunities.
• Contributions & Achievements:
1) Carried-on Mechanical Engineer’s responsibilities in circulation between all site areas: Utility Sector, Academic & Medical Colleges, Housing, and APM Stations/Pavilions.
2) Commissioning of BMS, Metering and Billing Systems.
3) Configuring Alarm System and Alarm Priorities.
4) Chosen by management to carry-on tasks related to LEED, Environmental Issues & Energy Management.
5) Developed a Medical Waste Management Requirements Plan.
6) Contributed to the development of Energy Management Plan and Identification of Energy Saving Opportunities.
7) LEED Certification of multiple LEED registered projects .
8) Delivered an Awareness Session for colleagues on the topic of “Green Building Strategies & LEED”.
9) Completed BMS Training delivered by Johnson Controls.