Summary of Capabilities:
Adel’s technical areas of interest include the broad discipline of structural Engineering with emphasis in Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) for bridges; modeling, design and repair of civil structures.
Senior Structural Engineer with more than ten years of experience in the structural design for a wide range of projects comprising heavy concrete structures and high rise buildings.
In May 2012, Adel received his PhD in Structural Engineering from North Carolina State University, USA. He received his MSc in Structural Engineering from Ain-Shams University, Cairo, Egypt in 2008. Further, he received his BSc in Civil Engineering from Ain-Shams University, Cairo, Egypt in 2003.
- Awarded the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Research at the Department of Homeland Security 5th Annual Student Paper Competition for the paper entitled "Vibration Based Damage Detection of Scour in Coastal Bridges".
- The Future of Engineering award from the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) for the research poster titled: Rapid Assessment of Critical Bridges in Coastal Regions under Extreme Loading.
- Chosen to be honored by Tau Beta Pi on September 2011.
- Received the Best Poster Award on the Eleventh Structural Engineering and Mechanical Symposium, Department of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering, NCSU. October 2011.
- Elsaid, A.H., Hassan, T.K., Abd Al-Faiad, A.S. and Gheith, H. (2007). Splice Strength of Reinforcing Bars in Self-Consolidating Concrete. Proceedings of the Sixth Alexandria International Conference on Structural and Geotechnical Engineering, Alexandria, Egypt, April 2007, Vol. 2, pp. 93-104.
- Elsaid A, Dawood M, Seracino R, Bobko C. (2009). Characterization of kenaf fiber reinforced concrete. Technical report no. RD-09-07, North Carolina State University, Construction Facilities Laboratory, 80 pp.
- Bobko, C., Elsaid, A.H, Dawood, M., Zanjanizedah, V., Seracino, R. (2010). Natural fiber reinforced concrete: Microstructure, internal curing, and mechanical properties from nanoindentation and macroscopic testing. ASCE Engineering Mechanics Institute Conference, Los Angeles, CA, August 2010.
- Elsaid, A., Dawood M, Seracino R, Bobko C. (2011). Mechanical Properties of Kenaf Fiber Reinforced Concrete. Construction and Building Materials, Vol 25, 1991-2001.
- Elsaid, A. (2011). Vibration-Based Damage Detection of Scour in Coastal Bridges. The Department of Homeland Security Science Conference – Fifth Annual University Network Summit, Washington, DC, March 2011.
- Elsaid, A. and Seracino, R. (2012). Bridge Scour Assessment Using Curvature of Horizontally Displaced Mode Shapes. IMAC xxx, A Conference and Exposition on Structural Dynamics, Jacksonville, Florida, USA.
- Elsaid, A. and Seracino, R. (2013). Assessing Foundation Scour Using the Dynamic Features of the Bridge Superstructure. Second Conference on Smart Monitoring, Assessment and Rehabilitation of Civil Structures. SMAR 2013, Istanbul, Turkey, September 2013.
- Elsaid, A. and Seracino R (2014). Rapid Assessment of Foundation Scour Using the Dynamic Features of Bridge. Construction and Building Materials, Vol 50, 42-49.