Professional Engineering (PE) Mechanical License #26503 WI
Certified Energy Manager (CEM) License #19102
Certified Passive House Consultant (CPHC) License #1397
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Green Associate (LEED GA)
My vision is to foster human activities that flourish within earth’s carrying capacity. I would like to utilize my unique experience and education as a technical advisor to architects and builders to create not only comfortable and beautiful buildings, but also buildings that are self sufficient in energy, water and recycling nutrients.
I have gained expertise from a blend of international acumen, academic knowledge and engineering/manufacturing experience. I have expertise in Environmental Management Systems (EMS), Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), project management and sustainability gap analysis. I have earned two degrees in Engineering (Mechanical and Industrial) from the University of Wisconsin and a Masters degree in Environmental Decision Making from the Open University in the UK.
In the past, I have contracted to various certifiers world wide to assess organization’s compliance to various ecological standards such as Green Seal (GS) 11, 33, 37, 40; 41, National Organic Plan; Forest Stewardship Council (FSC); ISO 14001-(Environmental Management System (EMS)); ISO 66-(Auditing of EMS), Sustainable Travel International’s Sustainable Tourism Eco-certification Program (STEP).
Below is a select listing of relevant education and experience.
• Developer of net zero energy, water and vegetable housing. www.earthharmonyhabitats.org
• Developed and taught a course on sustainability to students at Mt. Hood and Portland Community Colleges
• Established Sierra Club’s “Travel Cool” Carbon Neutral outing policy for travel
• Serve as board member to Responsible Purchasing Network (www.responsiblepurchasing.org)
• Researching a tool to measure a product’s level of sustainability. This tool combines economy with earth’s carrying capacity. see www.sustainablesteps.com
• Researched accreditation and registrar differences worldwide. (US EPA)
• Verified compliance of over 100 ISO 9000 and 14001 Quality and Environmental Managements Systems. (UL, Sustainable Steps)
• ISO 14001 Technical Expert for RvA (Dutch accreditation council).