Drew is Principal at Verdical Group (www.VerdicalGroup.com), directly responsible for client satisfaction and oversight on all project management engagements. With experience on more than 60 LEED certification projects nationwide, Verdical Group clients include: General Electric, Coca Cola, Los Angeles County, Pankow, Ramada Inn, Southern California Gas Company, and Kaiser Permanente. Drew is an experienced green building consultant having worked across a variety of project types including: portfolio programs, new construction, existing buildings, tenant improvements, and core and shell projects. Drew has consulted on a wide range of vertical real estate markets including: commercial office, public sector, healthcare, laboratory, hotel, historic preservation, multi-family residential, museum, restaurant and education buildings.
Prior to founding Verdical Group, Drew was a Project Manager at Fortune 1000 firm, Jones Lang LaSalle (NYSE: JLL). At JLL, Drew worked on LEED, sustainability, and construction management projects for clients including DIRECTV and Microsoft. Drew's previous experience also includes his role as Project Manager at Brightworks and LEED Specialist at Thomas Properties Group (NASDAQ: TPGI) where he worked toward greening the company’s 15 million square foot national portfolio through the LEED EBOM Program. Drew began his career as an Architectural Designer at The Jerde Partnership, a multidisciplinary architecture and urban planning firm.
Drew holds multiple LEED Accredited Professional credentials (LEED AP Legacy, BD+C, and ID+C), Associate member of the American Institute of Architects (Assoc. AIA), and certified Green Globes Professional (GGP). A U.S. Green Building Council Los Angeles (USGBC-LA) Chapter Leader, Drew was honored with the Chapter’s Agent Green Award in 2011. He holds a 5-year professional degree in Architecture from the University of Notre Dame.
• Green Building Consulting
• Project Management
About My Firm: Verdical Group
Verdical Group LLC is a green building consulting firm headquartered in Los
Angeles, California. Engage with us online to follow our story. The name
"Verdical" is derived from the Latin root for "green" and plays on the word
"vertical" – signifying the value created through green building
strategies. The firm advises on sustainability strategy with our client’s
bottom line in mind.
- Forbes.com, net zero article by Drew Shula (2013-10-25):
- 1% for the Planet Blog, Verdical Group Feature (2013-2-27):
Engage With Verdical Group:
- Website: www.verdicalgroup.com (sign up for our e-newsletter on the
- About Us Video: www.vimeo.com/VerdicalGroup
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/VerdicalGroup
- Founder's Bio: www.linkedin.com/in/DrewShula
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/VerdicalGroup
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/Verdical-Group
- Google+: www.tinyurl.com/o6xoq5f
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), Member Company
- 1% for the Planet, Member Company
- ENERGY STAR, Partner
- Architecture 2030, Adopter
- Certified Small Business (SB), State of California Dept. of General
Services (DGS) and City of LA
- U.S. Green Building Council Los Angeles Chapter (USGBC-LA), Member
- American Institute of Architects (AIA), Associate Member