Research Associate, Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI)
I have cross-industry experience in my career of 5 years spanning education, waste, security, music, retail and automobiles which I intend to use in my role as sustainability analyst looking at cross-cutting solutions for organizations.
Research Assistant at XLRI, Jamshedpur
• Devise a sustainability policy for the institute across six areas - energy, water, waste, biodiversity, travel and procurement including recommendations for a carbon-neutral campus and solid waste management strategy.
• Underwent course study on Corporate Ethics.
Consultant at Bharati Agencies, Kolkata
• Advising on policy and process improvement.
• Manifold increase in revenue (358% in FY ’10-’11, 91% in FY ’11-’12) through improved accounting, better remuneration structures, bulk purchases and aggressive negotiation, online marketing, better product packaging & word-of-mouth publicity.
• Helped explore opportunities for export market through website creation and lead generation.
Assurance Manager at G4S Secure Solutions (UK), London
• Part of core security management team at the Olympic Park during 2012 London Olympics and Paralympics.
• Promoted twice within a month based on superior performance in existing roles and prior audit experience.
Volunteer for Glasgow City Council, Glasgow
• Chosen as an international member of Glasgow City Council from a pool of 1000+ based on my previous managerial experience, leadership, communication and relationship-building skills.
• Was part of a special team responsible for welcoming the Olympic Torch at Kelvingrove Park, Glasgow.
Consultant at Estate Services, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
• £110,000 sustainability project
• Designed robust in-house framework ensuring
• better data management => more leverage during negotiations
• improved waste management practices
• mitigation of primary waste generation areas => cost reduction
• improved branding.
Green Initiative Project Team Member at Tata Motors Limited (TML), Kolkata
• Pan-India cross-functional project aimed at creating sustainable workshops.
• Features: Rainwater Harvesting, Solar Panel Lighting, Drip Irrigation, Modular exhaust systems, Sky lighting and improved washing systems.
• Youngest member from the region (east).
• Part of the team responsible for the first Green Workshop (commercial vehicles) in eastern India.
Regional Coordinator (East) at Tata Motors Limited (TML), Kolkata
• Coordinated service activities across India (5 area offices and HQ, 200 workshops, 13 states)
• Successfully implemented ISO 9001:2008 across 79 workshops.
• Liaised with 5 manufacturing plants across India for technical product improvement of commercial vehicles.
• Won special accolades for superb organizational and planning capabilities.
• Set a company-wide benchmark for a top-level strategic objective which saved the company more than 20 million INR and helped the region gain recognition from the MD of the company.
• Special Training: ‘Silver’ Level Assessor for Tata Business Excellence Model (TBEM) & Fast Track Selection Scheme (FTSS) Round 2 Qualifier.
Customer Support Manager at Tata Motors Limited (TML), Lucknow
• Managed 11 workshops in critical areas (UP and Uttarakhand states) in North India.
• Worked as auditor, trainer and techno-commercial manager resolving customer issues through direct customer interaction.
• Handled key accounts issues through personal involvement which helped gain additional revenue for Tata Motors.