Retail Park Manager
Retail Park Director
Jones Lang LaSalle España, S.A. (Marzo 2006 – Junio 2013)
Manager of Megapark Barakaldo: Leisure & Retail Park in Barakaldo (GLA:175.000
m2), It’s a Complex of Warehousing Units anchored by Ikea and
Leroy Merlin who own their buildings with 12 big units in the middle, with a 20,000 sq. mts complex of leisure activities with a Cinema complex as main activity, and an open area distributed in 5 buildings where the Factory Outlet of 70 units is located, and a Saturn’s unit at the end. 8.000 car spaces distributed surrounding and bellow the complex.
FITNESS FIRST ESPAÑA S.A. (2002 – 2004)
Gymnasiums company. European leader and 2nd at world level in operating gym and
fitness areas with an ambitious expansion plan in the south of Europe. 10 units at
starting, 18 when leaved of area-size 2.000 sq.mt.
Expansion Manager. (Ago 2002 – 2004).
• Responsibilities in all areas related with the units, starting with valuation of
locations physically and trading viability. Building department was included,
considering that installations needed with a very good calibration in order to
save in cost but not in the quality of services. Energy savings systems were
implemented and optimization in external services as cleaning and security,
and in facilities contracts. Results: 15% of savings obtained in 2 years and 8
new units opened in different cities.
LARRY SMITH, LEND LEASE ESPAÑA(1989 – 2001)
Consultant and Managing company of Shopping centers.
· Shopping centre manager. Managing responsibilities in contracting and controlling
all common services companies: Security, Cleaning, Maintenance, and control of
service charge budgets: supplies, taxes, incomes, bad debt,... &MKT
· Asset Manager (Nov 2000 – Dec 2001) Asset manager for Arrábida Shopping in
Porto (Portugal). Responsibilities: to define and to develop the business plan to add
value to the asset, developing actions in all areas involved as Property Mgtm, leasing,
legal, administration, valuation, …. and reporting to the Board.
· Regional Manager in Property Management Dept. (1999-2000). Responsible for
the managing services in the center-south area. Developing and Implementation for a
centralized administration strategy for managing services, including MKT services,
accounting and tenant’s administration.
As Shopping Center Manager I developed my job in the following shopping centers:
1. Centro Comercial Colombia. Madrid (1989 – 1992).
2. Centro Comercial Monteclaro. Pozuelo de Alarcón (Madrid) (1992 /94).
3. Centro Comercial Albufera. Madrid. 1994 – 1.995).
4. Centro Comercial Zoco Pozuelo. Pozuelo de Alarcón (Madrid).(1995)
5. Centro Comercial Eroski Guadalajara. Guadalajara. (1995-1996).
6. Centro Comercial La Esquina del Bernabéu. Madrid. (1996-1997).
7. Centro Comercial Arrábida Shopping. Porto (Portugal). (1997)
8. Centro Comercial ABC Serrano. Madrid. (1998 – 1999)
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Science Bachelor degree in Biology:
Madrid Central University – 1980 (Universidad Complutense de Madrid)
Master in Business Administration M.B.A.
Instituto de Empresa Madrid – 1988 (I.E. is a prestigious Business School)
Master in Shopping Center Management.
E.S.A.D.E. Madrid – 1989 (E.S.A.D.E. is a prestigious Business School)
Real Estate Agent
Official Spanish classification exam for real estate professionals. (Ministerio de Obras
Públicas, Transporte y medio Ambiente, Madrid ,17th March