An environmental professional, De La Cruz has specialized in sustainability
and solid waste reduction program management and education for more than 20
She is responsible for managing the campus’ climate action plan,
sustainability action plan, steering committee, speaker series, greenhouse
gas report, curriculum integration, community garden, aquaponics lab, outdoor
classroom, sustainability-related special events, etc.
She specializes in marketing, education and publishing for sustainability. A
few of her most notable projects include:
• Lead author on "Feasted Landscapes: Sustainability in American Topics"
Vols. 1 & 2
• Lecture Series at North Lake College on "Sustainability Issues as
They Relate to American History”
• Irving YES (Youth for Environmental Sustainability) educational series
• Interfaith Stewards Toolkit
• Green Teens workbook and educational series
She is an Accredited Business Communicator through the International
Association of Business Communicators (IABC) and holds certificates as a
Sustainability Leader, Recycling Systems Manager and Master Composter
Trainer. She is currently a graduate student at SMU in the Lyle School of
Engineering's MA of Sustainability and Development in the Hunt Institute.
Honors include awards for environmental and sustainability education
programs, photography and magazine, newsletter and website design.