Michael is the founder and owner of Axiom Sustainable Consulting. Axiom provides both educational and consulting services in regards to sustainability. As an Education Provider, Axiom offers professional development and continuing education to a wide variety of professionals within the built environment, including architects, engineers, contractors, facility operators, end-users, and LEED Professionals. The majority of Axiom's educational offerings are LEED Specific and focus on actual application of the strategies and synergies within the LEED rating systems. Continuing our education philosophy, Axiom also provides sustainable and LEED consulting services. We emphasize training the front line professionals on the design, construction and operational teams in order to be efficient in implementing sustainable and LEED principles while not duplicating effort. Axiom also act as a resource to teams by keeping up-to-date on the latest changes within the LEED rating systems.
Michael's educational background is architecture. He holds a Master of Architecture degree and is currently pursuing a Master of Business Administration degree, both from Texas Tech University. Michael has had the opportunity to represent various roles and responsibilities in the built environment throughout his career. In addition to working with traditional design firms, he has also spent significant time working as a general contractor and an owner's representative/facility manager. Michael draws upon this broad range of experience and knowledge in the development of Axiom's educational trainings and sessions.
Michael has been a LEED Accredited Professional since 2003, and currently holds the LEED AP BD+C, ID+C, and O+M Credentials. Additionally, he is Green Advantage Certified and has trained several thousand contractors in that program. Michael was one of the founding members of the North Texas Chapter of the USGBC in addition to serving as the Chair in 2007. Michael was also the 2008 Chair of the South Central Regional Council of the USGBC, and became USGBC Faculty in 2011. USGBC Faculty are the official instructors of USGBC's instructor-led workshops working with USGBC's education delivery partners. As USGBC Faculty Michael is authorized to teach the following instructor-led workshops:
- LEED 101: Green Building Basics and LEED
- LEED 201: Core Concepts and Strategies
- Healthcare 251: Understanding the LEED for Healthcare Rating Systems
- Retail 251: Understanding the LEED for Retail Rating Systems
- BDC 251: Understanding the Building Design and Construction LEED Rating Systems
- BDC 301: Implementing the Building Design and Construction LEED Rating Systems
- IDC 301: Implementing the Interior Design and Construction LEED Rating Systems
- OM 251: Understanding the Operations and Maintenance LEED Rating System
- OM 301: Implementing the Operations and Maintenance LEED Rating System