- AP-BDC Certified
- AP-Homes Certified
Senior Sustainability Consultant, Stantec
As a Senior Sustainability Specialist with Stantec, Miranda has over 7 years experience in consulting, research, and writing within the sustainability field. Prior to joining Stantec, she was a sustainability consultant for Buro Happold in New York and Abu Dhabi, a LEED® Technical Development manager for the US Green Building Council in Washington DC, and an architectural designer at Page and Turnbull, a historic preservation firm in San Francisco.
In addition to her design and consulting work, Miranda presently volunteers as a member of the Greenbuild Program Working Group and the co-chair of the Cascadia Green Building Council’s Metro Vancouver chapter. Her network of professional colleagues includes experts in all areas of green building design and construction – innovation, housing, neighborhood development, commercial real estate, communities and health, and cutting edge products and materials.
Her relevant experience with the USGBC and CaGBC experience includes:
• Management of the development and release of LEED® for Retail, alongside certification reviews of all LEED® for Retail pilot projects (2008-2010);
• Launching LEED® for Healthcare and the LEED® Pilot Credit Library (2011);
• Providing assistance to USGBC’s IEQ and SS TAGs. Primary responsibilities included CIR reviews, technical updates for addendum, monthly calls, and rating system development;
• Current member of Greenbuild Program Working Group;
• Current alternate for the MR TAG for CaGBC;
• Certification reviews for USGBC’s LEED® for New Construction and Core and Shell projects (300+ projects including Precertification, v1, v2, and pilots for 2009);
• Working as an integral team member on the technical development of LEED® 2009 and v4 – this included rating system, reference guide, and template development;
• Co-Chair of the Cascadia Green Building Council Metro Vancouver Branch Collaborative;
• Management of CIRs and the USGBC CIR Library (known as the Addenda Database, 2007-2010); and
• Moderated several webinar sessions through USGBC’s educational program (2010-2011) and at CaGBC National Conference (2013).
Miranda has consulted on numerous commercial and institutional projects, and was fortunate enough to provide my expertise to the Abu Dhabi Urban Planning Council (UPC) by assisting them in the development and implementation of their green building rating system, Estidama. While in Abu Dhabi, she was embedded at the UPC, working on upgrades to the rating system, development of general and technical materials for project teams, and establishing the Estidama Villa Products Database. The team comprised of a variety professionals, giving me a solid foundation international teamwork, government policies, and a broader network of diverse colleagues.
Her desire for sustainable living and the environment motivates me to understand not only how to design better and more sustainably but how to build for longevity and durability. As society becomes increasingly dependent on successful implementation of sustainable practices, she intends on applying my skills on the larger scale. Miranda is passionate about what she does and is committed to ensuring that all her responsibilities and deadlines are met. She enjoys her work with sustainability, and utilizes this alongside her design, management, and consulting abilities.