Mohammad Tassi is among the well known professionals in Lebanon on the sustainability issues, and the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System, developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), which provides standards for environmentally sustainable construction. He was the first professional in Lebanon and among the first seven in the Middle East to become a LEED Accredited Professional. He has had extensive experience in working on many LEED projects both in Lebanon and the Middle East.
In addition, Mr. Tassi is
- USGBC Faculty (among the first eight (8) non-US international professionals)
- ASHRAE Distinguished Lecturer (ASHRAE DL)
- Certified Commissioning Authority (CxA)
- LEED AP BD+C
- International LEED Advisor
He has a Master’s degree in Engineering Management and a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from the American University of Beirut. He has honed his knowledge through vast experience in various sustainability consultancy and application practices. In his current position as Senior Project Manager at the American University of Beirut’s (AUB) Facilities Planning and Design Unit (FPDU), he has been handling various sustainability issues, utilities infrastructure, and mechanical aspects of a big number of AUB construction projects; he was named as the “Green Guy” at AUB (in 2008).
Professionally, Mr. Tassi is
- the immediate past president of the Lebanese ASHRAE Chapter (2010-11/ 12) (ASHRAE: American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-conditioning Engineers)
- a second-round reviewer for USGBC’s “International Challenges & Opportunities” bucket team for Greenbuild-2012
- a member of the Order of Engineers and Architects (OEA) _ Beirut
- a member of the “Sustainability and Energy Committee” in the OEA
- a member of the US Green Building Council (USGBC)
- a member of the US AABC Commissioning Group (ACG)
- a member of ASHRAE
- a member of the Lebanon Green Building Council (LGBC)
- a member of the AUB Alumni Association
- co-chaired the USGBC International Summit Work Group (ISWG) _2011
- served in the USGBC International Forum Work Group (IFWG) _2010
He has had wide participation in international sustainability conferences and professional training workshops, and conducted a big number of public, and customized training activities both in Lebanon and the Middle East mainly on Sustainability and LEED certification aspects.
Moreover, he has represented officially the country of Lebanon and the Order of Engineers_ Beirut in many regional and international conventions.
He is the coordinator for the “Green Building& LEED Training” program of the Continuing Education Center at the American University of Beirut (AUB).
Mr. Tassi is an approved LEED Trainer for USGBC, AMIDEAST (American-Mideast Educational and Training Services, Inc.), AUB, and the Order of Engineers_ Beirut.