- AP-BDC Certified
- AP-Homes Certified
President, NorthBay Energy Services
Paul has been involved in the building business for over 30 years, starting
with consulting on energy conservation and efficiency after the oil embargo
in the mid 70's. He works with architects, builders, and homeowners in
designing and building Green Buildings, as well as improving the comfort,
heath and efficiency of existing homes and commercial properties.
He has given talks throughout the Bay Area on “Greening Your Home”.
Paul has consulted on over fifteen residential projects pursuing LEED
certification. To date, 10 have been certified Platinum and one Silver.
Additional clients have pursued Sustainable Design without any
certifications. As a Home Performance Analyst following CBPCA and BPI
protocols, he has tested and designed upgrades on approximately 50 homes.
He has designed and sold over one and a half megawatts of solar electric PV
Paul brings a “turn-key” package to clients building new properties or
upgrading the efficiency and comfort of existing homes. Available services
include project management, energy modeling, auditing and retrofits,
mechanical design, and complete systems integration.
• Paul built the first completed (3/2006) Zero Energy LEED Certified house
in the world. It incorporates both solar electric and hot water systems in
partnership with a high efficiency envelope and has had a zero utility bill
• Currently the LEED Rater and Sustainable Consultant for two multi-family
affordable housing projects, totaling 214 units, in Ft. Myers, FL, and a 102
unit 10 story apartment building in Ft. Lauderdale. All three projects are
seeking LEED Platinum Certification.
• The LEED Rater/ Consultant for the first three LEED Platinum multi-family
affordable projects in the southeast United States, all equipped with solar
hot water, and completed in 2012.
• The Sustainable Consultant and GreenPoint Rater on a mixed use 150-unit
market mid-rise apartment building in Berkeley, CA.
• In the 1990s, he was CEO of Sonoma Circuits, Inc., a Santa Rosa, CA
manufacturer of electronic controls for commercial vehicles. Paul designed
and received a patent for a high efficiency power control system currently
installed in specialty vehicles sold worldwide.
• In 1977 he founded Snug Harbor Group, a real estate development and
restaurant company in Ft. Myers Beach, FL and ran it for 15 years, building
over 60 residences and 200,000 sq. ft. of energy efficient commercial space.
• LEED Accredited Professional-Homes and BD&C, and LEED Rater
• Certified Green Building Professional
• RESNET Level One HERS Rater.
• Licensed General Contractor in California since 1994 (#686028)
• Licensed General Contractor in Florida since 1978 (#CGC013166).
• Certified CBPCA (California Building Performance Contractor’s
Association) instructor specializing in training contractors in Building
Science, Home Performance Auditing and Energy Retrofits.
EDUCATION: Paul earned his BS degree in Engineering in Industrial and
Systems Design from the University of Michigan.
Paul relocated back to Southwest Florida in 2012 after 20 years in Northern
CONTACT INFO: Phone -239-293-8180
Email - [email protected]