Valerie J. Amor
LEED AP BD&C, Assoc. AIA, Lic. Florida R.E. Broker
Drawing Conclusions LLC - Visionary Founder/CEO
Eco Logical Real Estate and Community Builder LLC - Owner/Principal Broker
• LEED instructor - LEED Green Associate, LEED BD&C specialty designation (designer/developer of program offered)
• USGBC LEED Certification Reviewer Beta Training
• GBCI LEED Educational Fast Track Reviewer & Auditor
• BPI Instructor
• National Green Living Examiner - national column
• Fort Lauderdale Green Culture Examiner - local column
• Co-authored “Broward 2030 Report: A Roadmap Empowering South Florida Leaders”
• Advisor White Paper Broward County Workforce Green Think Tank, "Broward County Green Workforce Innovation Project"
• Co-authored 'CPTED and LEED' chapter, in the book '21st Century Security and CPTED: Designing for Critical Infrastructure Protection and Crime Prevention', Second Edition early 2013
• B. of Architecture, 1st. Professional degree, Florida Atlantic University
• Recipient Jason Pettigrew Scholarship 2012
• Recipient Greenbuild Scholarship 2010
Ms. Amor’s professional experience managing complex projects working extensively with local cities and Broward County includes LEED Silver Fort Lauderdale Civil Family Courthouse, the Miramar Community Library, Broward Community College and Nova Southeastern University Miramar Educational Center in Miramar as well as the first LEED registered project for the City of Coconut Creek. Working closely with county commissioners, city commissioners, mayors, city staff, public and private consultants she understands the political and economic considerations involved in these projects, presenting and communicating effectively, successfully coordinating and engaging affected stakeholders particularly with the LEED process.
Drawing Conclusions, a cutting edge architectural firm, offers sustainable design, LEED consulting, LEED education and educational programs including SCĀLe; a children’s program emphasizing sustainability, community, architecture and leadership. SCĀLe, initially launched as a pilot program in the spring of 2012 with the City of Fort Lauderdale has developed into an ongoing educational program realized this past summer as an eight week summer camp held in The Little Green Library.
LEED Green Associate and New Construction/Major Renovations educational programs currently offered - developed by Ms. Amor, reflect her training as a USGBC LEED Certification Reviewer and real world experience. Teaching both locally and nationwide, her clients include the Federal Government, the Housing Authority of the City of Fort Lauderdale and the MBDA Business Center in Miami as well as private entities.
As a community builder, she serves on both local and national organizations.
• Broward County Workforce One Green Think Tank
• Chair, City of Fort Lauderdale Sustainability Advisory Board
• Summer Camp Chair and C.O.T.E. Co-Chair, AIA Fort Lauderdale Chapter
• Sustainability Stewards of Broward
• Town of Davie Green Energy and Environmental Committee
• Town of Davie Urban Farm Task Force
• Architecture 2030
• USGBC, National member; South Florida Chapter, Broward Branch
• Union of Concerned Scientists
• National Climate Assessment, NCAnet
Presenting for the third year at the Palm Beach Schools Learn Green Conference and recently at Fort Lauderdale’s 1st Pecha Kucha; she will be presenting at Mia Green in Miami in the spring 2013.