Full Professor, Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto
▪ Graduated in Civil Engineering, since 1972 at Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto (FEUP), Portugal.
▪ PhD in Building Construction, since 1984, at FEUP.
▪ Aggregation in Quality in Construction, since 1992 at FEUP.
▪ Full Professor in the Civil Engineering Department of FEUP, since 1993.
▪ Invited Full Professor, Faculty of Architecture of the University of Porto” at Porto, Portugal (FAUP), 1994-2012.
▪ Invited Full Professor, Faculty of Sciences and Technology of the University of Coimbra (FCTUC), 1995-2005.
▪ Chairman of the Board of Full Professors at Department of Civil Engineering, since 2010.
▪ Coordinator of the European Master in Engineering Construction of FEUP, since 1995.
▪ Editor of the International Scientific Journals of Construction: CdO: Cadernos d'Obra, since 2009, SbO: Sebentas d'Obra, since 2011 and LvO: Livros d’Obra, since 2012.
▪ Fellow Member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), since 2010.
▪ Advisory Member of the Portuguese Association of Engineers (OE), since 2005.
▪ Member of the Board of Directors of International Association for Housing Science (IAHS), SINCE 1988.
▪ Member of the American Society of Heating Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Eng., Inc (ASHRAE).
▪ Member of the American Society of Testing of Materials (ASTM).
▪ Acoustic specialist of the Portuguese Engineering Association (OE).
▪ Author of about 200 scientific publications/papers about building physics, rehabilitation of buildings and energy saving. (Some presented in national and international journals).
▪ Represents FEUP in the following committees of the International Council for Building Research, Studies and Documentation (CIB): W55 - building Economics; W62 - Water Supply and Drainage for BUILDINGS; W110- Informal Settlements and Affordable Housing and TG66 - Energy and the Built Environment.
▪ Senior partner of the consultancy company “Vitor Abrantes - Consultoria e Projectos de Engenharia Lda”.
▪ In the project activity of the company, was Coordinator and consultant in more than 900 engineering projects - Structures, Infrastructures, Water and Sewage Networks and Thermal and Acoustic Analysis for Housing, Public, Services and Commerce Buildings.