LEED BD+C: New Construction v3 - LEED 2009
ESER Holding Headquarters
LEED Platinum 2011
This experienced team was composed of different professional disciplines that had each carried out research and analyses around green buildings.
ESER Green Building has been designed and constructed in the most optimal way to include a high performance green building model as the first of its kind in Ankara to ensure water and energy savings and prevent environmental pollution. The design of green building engaged civil, electrical mechanical engineers and architects during the design phase to implement an “integrated building design and construction”. This team was composed of different disciplines that had each carried out research and analyses around green buildings.
The targeted criteria for the design and construction of the building were to achieve LEED certification through the use of high-performance systems, as well as the monitoring and operation of those systems to ensure maximum energy efficiency.
The rectangular shaped building was designed to conform to the related construction codes and regulations, to take care of the environmental and climatic conditions, and the economic benefits of energy efficiency. The building layout contains a main circulation core and spaces located around two service cores.
The architectural features of the 7 floor building include:
- A basement which includes general and auxiliary service spaces, conference hall, cafeteria, various offices and storage spaces.
- Second basement with a car parking lot of 51 cars.
- Ground floor which includes the entrance, main hall with gallery, executive entrance, corporate cafe, waiting saloon and offices.
- First floor which includes gallery space, small meeting rooms and offices.
- Second and third floors which include floor opening, small meeting rooms, open and private offices.
- The roof space which includes floor opening, executive lounge, large meeting room and private office rooms.
The total enclosed area of the building is approximately 24,600 square feet (7,500 square meters). There is one main stair, three elevators, two fire exit stairs, two main and two auxiliary service shafts and chimneys at each floor.
Natural thermal and solar controls are secured by the adoption of different material and details at the northern, southern, eastern and western facades of the building. Thermal insulation involve materials and thicknesses conforming to international standards exceeding the requirements of the local regulations.
Several criteria were considered such as the selection of building materials, environmental impacts, human health and hygiene, delivery from a nearby location, and a preference for local materials and recycling.